Cheapest days to fly?

Discussion in 'Flights' started by wanderer, Apr 6, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What are the cheapest days to fly? Is it true that weekends cost more?

2. Retorica!

Retorica! New Member

fly mid-week

i've always been told that Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays are the cheapest time to fly, while Fridays and Sundays are the most expensive days. Not sure how much of it is true, though I can def say that booking a flight mid-week is cheaper than on the weekend. Do book flights either early in the morning and late at night for even better flight deals.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I'd look at one of those online sites that compares prices. They can tell you the truth and tell you the exact numbers so you can compare. The airlines are rather mysterious with their pricing, so it's good to look at one of the websites, like the one at Destination 360.

4. Em-Em

Em-Em New Member

book flights in the middle of day

I agree with that, though tickets are generally cheaper on tuesdays and wednesdays at off-peak times so book flights in the middle of the day. By the way, if you book flights during the holidays it wont matter much what day you book.

5. shivani

shivani New Member

Re: fly mid-week

I also agree with that, but there’s one more factor. It depends on your travel date as well. If you book a ticket for the nearest date it may cost you more.

6. shivani

shivani New Member

I also agree with that, but there’s one more factor. It depends on your travel date as well. If you book a ticket for the nearest date it may cost you more.

regards,
    Shivani
    Air Tickets India

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

All good advice! There are a lot of factors going into this, and I appreciate that you took time to share your wisdom!

8. pinki rawat

pinki rawat New Member

Hello,
    I think weekand is always is very costly.week days are good.airfare is cheapest midweek and at odd hours (early in the morning, late at night, red eye flights). When you search for fares, indicate that your dates are flexible, and most websites will show comparison rates for different days.

9. d360

d360 Administrator

Studies show that the cheapest time to book airfare is on a Tuesday afternoon, when the maximum number of sale seats is available. Typically you can find the best fares about three months out from departure for domestic flights and five months out for international flights. But airlines change all the time..

And flying on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday usually results in a cheaper fare than on other days of the week.

10. brightsuntravel

brightsuntravel New Member

Hello Everyone,
    The cheapest days to fly are weekdays, preferably on odd times. According to me, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays are the cheapest days of the week to travel.For domestic travels Wednesday is especially cheap. More people tend to fly on a Friday and Sunday (weekend trips), which therefore tend not to be the cheapest days to fly.

Everyone wants to come home on a Sunday, and to get anything out of their trip at all they fly on a Friday.

Most people going away for weekend trips go from Thursday or Friday to Sunday. Both those days are also not the cheapest days to fly. If you want a weekend trip somewhere, try to travel Saturday to Monday or Tuesday. This can save you a considerable amount of money.The cheapest time to travel is usually the first flight in the morning, around 6 am, and also in the evening (except for on weekends). Thanks to all for nice post.