cheapest way to fly from Quito to Cuzco

Discussion in 'Peru' started by Divaa, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Divaa

Divaa New Member

I just wanted to let other travelers know that flights from Quito to Cuzco via Lima are extremely expensive. You can get a cheaper fare by flying from Quito to Lima and then onwards to Cuzco. LAN airlines, TACA and TAME airlines are the major airlines offering flights from Quito to Lima; while STAR PERU and PERUVIAN airlines operate flights to Cusco.

2. kookoo

kookoo New Member

Unfortunately, when it comes to flying you have to do it via Lima. What the original poster suggested is a good way to get a cheaper fare. Generally speaking you get the best deal through LAN or Avianca. Most direct flights from Quito To Cuzco will cost around $500. I have a done a quick search and flying from Quito to Lima via Tame flight is around $160 plus $100 for Star or Peruvian, which will make the whole trip around $260 (almost a saving of $250!)

3. Torsewe

Torsewe New Member

It's a pity that this route (Quito-Cuzco) can't really be done by bus. There are buses servicing this route but you will spend so long on the bus (about a day) that is almost pointless bussing it. As far as airlines, I was going to suggest the All America Airpassia (Lima - Cusco - Lima - Quito) for $470 + tax, but unfortunetly they discontinued offering the All America Airpass as per January 31st 2012.