China must see list

Discussion in 'China' started by Nowayin, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Nowayin

Nowayin New Member

China is huge to explore in one vacation. If you are planning there with the intention of never going back, I suggest adding the following to your itinerary. The following order represents the attractions I find most exciting:

1. Forbidden City in Beijing
    2. The Bund in Shanghai
    3. Six Banyan Temple in Guangzhou
    4. Terracotta Army in Xi'an
    5, Window of the World in Shenzhen
    6. Dr Sun Yat Sen Mausoleum in Nanjing
    7. Harbin Ice Sculptures in Harbin
    8. Great Wall

varunindia88 likes this.
  2. DonaWeko

DonaWeko New Member

Leshan Giant Buddha

You've left out one of the most awesome attractions in my opinion...the Leshan Giant Buddha built on the side of a cliff face. This wonder was constructed in the 8th century and it's about at 223 ft. which makes it the largest sitting Buddha on the planet. Awesome!

3. rafaelnadal

rafaelnadal New Member

Here are some ideas:

Beijing: Great Wall sections, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace

Xian: Terracotta Warriors Museum, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Shaanxi History Museum

Shanghai; The Bund, Oriental TV Tower, Zhujiajiao Water Town, Xitang

Guilin: Li River, Yangshuo, Longji Terrace Fields

Tibet: Potala Palace

4. Claudius98

Claudius98 New Member

Yes these parts needs to be understood because they do have an importance big time if we see it in general and also sensibly we can have ideas of the things which are there mostly.

5. varunindia88

varunindia88 New Member

Nice collection. Great wall of china is must visit destination as it is one of the seven wonders of the world.

6. Searpon

Searpon New Member

Nice collection. I would like to visit one of them next year when i am planning to tour China.

7. Ben Silkroadtrips

Ben Silkroadtrips New Member

I do not think this is must-see sites in China.

8. JenniferB

JenniferB New Member

I really enjoyed the Panda research center in Chengdu. Not many places where you get to see that man Pandas in one place :)

9. d360

d360 Administrator

And so what would be your list?

10. Liza F

Liza F New Member

What are the other must-see sites? Maybe you could help us out?

11. Sander Smith

Sander Smith New Member

My trip to Tibet with friends is a memorable experience. We booked through hotelsdifferently.com which took us to the countless attractions in Tibet which makes it a very popular tourist destination. We've been to Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Mount Kailash, Lake Manasarova, Mount Everest, Yarlong Tsangpo River, Sera Monastery and Lake Namco. The views are breathtaking! We would surely comeback next year!

12. brawnmonda

brawnmonda New Member

After booking my flights I can visit any place i want. There is a lot of amazing places to visit in china, I really love to visit Terracotta Army in Xi'an, Li River in Guilin and Yellow Mountains in Huangshan.