Chinese New Year Parade

Discussion in 'California' started by wanderer, Jan 29, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

San Francisco has deep roots and has been celebrating Chinese New Year since the 1860s. The biggest event of the annual celebration is the parade--filled with colorful dragons, firecrackers, and floats. Is anyone else planning on attending Chinese New Year San Francisco celebrations?

2. Share22

Share22 New Member

San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade

The Chinese New Year is one of the most underrated events of the calendar year! Nowhere in the US will you see gorgeous floats, elaborate costumes, amazing lions, exploding firecrackers , and of course the spectacular 268′ Golden Dragon, which takes a team of over 100 men and women to carry it throughout the streets of San Francisco. If you really want a taste of China, you gotta visit SF during Chinese New Year;)

3. Zpacd

Zpacd New Member

annual chinese new year parade

I agree that during the chinese new year you get to see awesome parades! I enjoyed last year even better by getting seats to seat on the grandstands and not get squished with everybody else. Can't beelive some people would say that watching a parade on TV is just like being there..really? May be some but the the chinese new year is truly one of the best events ever!

4. freshtown

freshtown New Member

the Year of the Dragon

Another vote from me! The annual Chinese New Year Parade in San Francisco, New Orleans Mardi Gras and Brazil's Carnival are the only festivals I look forward to every year. I am half Chinese and like to attend the Chinese New Year because it's part of my culture as I do have a strong fascination with Chinese lions and dragons since my early years growing up in Chinatown.