Chocolate Festival

Discussion in 'Sweden' started by Vicolette, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Oh how sweet it is! October 12, 13, and 14 at the Nordiska museet - Sweden's largest cultural museum - more than 50 chocolate experts will be celebrating the 10th annual Chocolate Festival. There will be candy, cake, pastries, desserts, and pralines just waiting to be sampled. If you have a love of chocolate, this 3-day festival in Stockholm will satisfy your sweet tooth.

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What a great idea to draw people to the museum. Chocolate is actually a pretty sophisticated product (if you're not eating candy bars from the grocery store). It's actually similar to wine since the tastes depend on natural products, soil, location, etc. Chocolate tours are very much like wine tours. I would totally go to this festival if it were in my town.

3. darkerthanG

darkerthanG New Member

if you love chockies or have a sweet tooth and did not visit it while Stockholm you missed out big time! This year, the Chocolate Festival was better because it was the 10th anniversary. For those of you who didn't know, it happenend between October 12th and 14th. There was lots of fun entertainment like the baking competition -Pastry Chef of the Year where you got to see baking/cooking demonstrations and taste lots and lots of yummies!

4. staceybrown281

staceybrown281 New Member

how i wish i could be there.........

5. josephhinds

josephhinds New Member

Chocolate is my favorite thing which I need every time. But unfortunately I had missed out these festival. BTW thanks for sharing such a nice information regarding this festival.

6. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

There's always next year for this yummy festival. Another chocolate fest coming up in 2013 is the Belgian Bruges Chocolate Festival in April. For anyone planning to be in Miami January 25 - 27, the 7th Annual International Chocolate Festival will take place at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Coral Gables. There's still a couple of opportunities for us chocolate lovers!

7. PetterErstad

PetterErstad New Member

Looking forward for this year’s event at Stockholm Sweden on October 6-9, 2016. My friends from Spikaro would be there. I’m a chocolate lover and I wouldn’t miss this for sure. Travelling from Gudbrandsdalen would be a pain though :(