Christmas at Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by qas5, Dec 14, 2008.

1. qas5

qas5 New Member

hi my friends, my wife and I thinking of to celebrate this year Christmas at Australia,we're from Malaysia and not been to anywhere in Australia, how about Cairns,friend of mine suggested this city and told me that it'll be good for Newyear party? is it so? please suggest some good hotels in Cairns & fun things to do during Christmas time, thanks for any suggestions.

2. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Yes, Cairns is a wonderful party town, especially for Christmas and New Year, this city is bursting with parties & celebrations. Few years back I was celebrated Christmas at Sydney, one of the most wonderful harbour city of Australia. Myself and 3 of my friends has a seafood buffet lunch near Opera house with an excellent harbour view. We enjoyed the Aussie style Christmas as well as the New Year in Sydney. Just plan to have your New Year party in Sydeny especially don't miss to watch the New year fireworks at the Sydney Harbour which is the most popular event of Australia. Sydney is an amazing holiday spot and has good hotels, just visit Sydney hotels page for more details, but book your room in advance to beat the crowd.
    As well as Sydney, Cairns also offers outstanding hotels and just have a look at Cairns hotels page to get an idea on some of the best hotels in Cairns. The Cairns Queenslander hotel, The Melaleuca resort and the Coral Tree Inn are some of the best options. Cairns has numerous nightclubs, seefood restaurants and variety of things to do and see, so have a wonderful Christmas at Cairns and colourful New year at Sydney!

3. levellingtheland

levellingtheland New Member

I had Christmas in Australia in 2004 and it was a great time... we took a tree and chairs down to the beach which made the whole thing very memorable.