Christmas at the Biltmore Estate

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Vicolette, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

For those of you traveling to North Carolina in December, a must see place to visit and stay is the magnificient Biltmore Estate. The estate, gardens, and winery are open year-round. During November and December, the mansion is decked out for the holidays with thousands of twinkling lights and a 35-foot Christmas tree.

You can select the day tour from now until January 1, 2012 to tour the mansion and gardens and visit the winery. To see the mansion lit up in all its glory in the evening, choose the Candlelight Christmas Evening package that also includes access to the gardens and winery. The evening package is by reservation only.

For accommodations, why not book a room at the 4-star Inn on Biltmore Estate. Enjoy luxurious suites, magnificent views, fine dining, and easy access to the estate.

Happy holidays!

2. chatdawson2

chatdawson2 New Member

I have stayed at Biltmore Estate over Christmas and it was amazing to get a taste of the wealthy. If anyone is planning to go I can tell you that AAA has discounts available (I believe it's $10 off), but tickets must be bought at your local AAA office.

I'm told there's no guarantee you'll get the discount if you purchase at Biltmore and, even if you do, I think it'd just be $4 off. So if you're sure you're going, buy ahead of time.

3. trologger

trologger New Member

touring the Biltmore Estate

it's a little pricey over Christmas, but it was well worth it once you enter the Estate which is huge!... I would advise to leave 2 hours for touring the house with a headset you can rent for $10. It is well worth it as you get a lot of information about the house and the Vanderbilts. The gardens are a lovely place to stroll around for an hour or so.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing the discount info available through AAA. Visiting the estate is such an awesome opportunity. It is definitely a walk through history and a glimpse at the Gilded Age of times past. I'd be happy working there if only to dust the furniture!