Christmas in Germany

Discussion in 'Germany' started by tandoori56, Nov 17, 2010.

1. tandoori56

tandoori56 New Member

we've travelled to Germany last summer, but this year we'd like to spend a week there over the Christmas period. what Christmas like in Germany? and where should we go?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Germany is an amazing place to go any time but nothing beats Christmas in Germany because of the Christmas markets (Kris Kringle marts).

The Christmas Markets and decorations normally start setting up in the last week of November so, during this time you'll see lovely Christmas decorations anywhere you go, though if you ask me, the villages and small towns offer best opportunity to soak in the true Christmas spirit.

3. caramel101

caramel101 New Member

i've been to the chrismas markets in germany they're brilliant, i was in berlin, lots of drinking, sweets,toys, lights, clothing, jewellery bit of everything but a fascinating experience i would say, also they have ski slopes and ice skating for the adults and kids to play around in. even though its cold you enjoy viewing the markets from day through to night with the vibrant and friendly night life and people.

4. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

I guess I should give Christmas in Germany a try this 2011. Just to experience what you are saying. Keep Sharing.