Cinco de Mayo party ideas

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by wanderer, Mar 4, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

One of the biggest party days of the year is coming up in a few weeks, and I thought we could swap some Cinco de Mayo party ideas. The fifth of May, the day set aside to celebrate the independence of Mexico is a great time to party. I am thinking plenty of good food and a pinata. Any other ideas?

2. Breathern

Breathern New Member

Cinco de Mayo partying

dress up! some buddies of mine are throwing a cinco de mayo party and we'll be wearing panchos, sombreros, and fake mustaches..cant wait!

3. southernComforto

southernComforto New Member

what's cinco de mayo

cinco de mayo? I heard of it here in the uk but I don't understand what is all about..is it an american celebration? what do people actually celebrate?

4. specialtea

specialtea New Member

Re: what's cinco de mayo

if my memory serves me well, Cinco De Mayo commemorates the victory of Mexico against the French in Puebla Mexico. I don't think it actually has anything to do with the us but most young people in the US use this celebration as an excuse to party and drink.

5. r&b

r&b New Member

eat peepers on Cinco de Mayo

hey wanderer, how about having hot pepper eating contests with your family and friends? I do this all the time with my friends and it's such a blast! Basically, you see how many hot peppers your guys can eat and whoever doesn't burst into flames wins, simples.

6. audiosoft

audiosoft New Member

jalopeno contests

we do jalopeno contests but seriously watch out doing this if you're hypersensitive... I suggest buying mostly mildly hot peppers like pepperoncini, banana peppers, and pimentos if you're new to hot peppers. Of course, if you feel brave you could go for jalapenos, chilis, or polano peppers which will really knock you out!