City tour in Hoian

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by hamlaoshi, Jul 21, 2009.

1. hamlaoshi

hamlaoshi New Member

City tour in Hoian, an ancient Japanese port of trade. Much of Hoi An’s rare wooden architecture remains in this small, pleasant town. There are plenty to see in this delightful and tranquil town, some of which are the famous Japannese Covered Bridges, the Pottery Museum, the 200 years old Tam Ky House, the Chua Ong Pagoda, the vibrant market.

We visit these on our morning walking tour past many low tiled houses scattered along the small streets and assembly halls, which reflect the twon’s multi-cultural past. Free in the afternoon for shopping or doing other thing you are interested in or take part in Vietnamamese Demonstration cooking class.

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

This sounds like a really charming tour. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. How close is the city to the main airport? Would it be a long trip for a visit?

3. windy88hu

windy88hu New Member

Da Nang International Airport to Hoi An

The closest major airport is Da Nang International Airport, which has frequent connections to Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh City. If I remember well the taxi from the airport to Hoi An cost about US$10 which I haggled with the driver.

My advice is: it's best you haggle with the driver for a set fixed price otherwise, they'll use the meter. There is also a minibus you can catch from the airport which will be cheaper, though I wouldn't recommend it for first timers.

4. mika

mika New Member

Hoi An is not only the ancient trading port of Japan, but a Chinese trading port

5. Nguyen Nhung1

Nguyen Nhung1 New Member

It is interesting. Hoi An Old Town is always an attractive destination for every tourist. Ancient architect house here with peaceful space will bring you great feeling.