Class trip to netherland

Discussion in 'Netherlands' started by Larsen89, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Larsen89

Larsen89 New Member

Hi

I am representing a class of 20 electrical engineers students from Norway.
    This fall we are having a class trip to the netherlands and I am wondering if you know of some companies we could have a field trip to?

We are staying for 4-5 days, and would also like to visit some other attractions if you have some recommendations :)

Thank you for help! :)

2. donaldsons

donaldsons New Member

I wanted to say that the fall is a good time to be in Holland..many people travel in July or August (the busiest months for tourism in the Netherlands) and don't enjoy their trip as much because of the huge crowds. The weather in the fall is especially nice, though if you want to save money try traveling in November.

3. donaldsons

donaldsons New Member

what to do in Amsterdam

I forgot to mention about attractions. I have only been to Amsterdam so can only advice on seeing the Ann Frank House, Tussaud's Wax Museum and the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, which are a must. The red light district is also popular and you will see literally window shops for prostitutes. Also, don't forget riding a canal boat for a relaxing tour of Amsterdam from the water.

4. Boffinz

Boffinz New Member

4-5 days won't be enough time

4-5 days won't be enough time to much of the Netherlands. I would suggest 14 days at least to make the whole trip worth it. Saying this, if you still go dont spend all your days in Amsterdam...take day trips to Rotterdam and The Hague to visit the Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen and the Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague.