Clearwater Beach named best beach in Florida

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by wanderer, Feb 13, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

USA Today readers have voted on their favorite beach in Florida. They picked Clearwater Beach, which is not a surprise. This stretch of white sand is very delightful. The readers also ranked Siesta Key, Cocoa Beach and Sanibel Island at the top of the list behind Clearwater Beach.

What you do say? What's on your list of the best Florida beaches?

2. Zazaq

Zazaq New Member

Siesta Key and Ft DeSoto park are my favorite beaches, but really all the beaches from Clearwater down to Siesta are superb because they have fine white sand. Sanibel Island has amazing sunsets and shelling; while Destin is also great. It's hard to really pick a winner with Florida's many lovely beaches.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Clearwater Beach was my favorite growing up and still is. My next choices would be those lovely stretches of sugar white sand in Sarasota, Bradenton and Anna Maria Island and on the east coast, always Daytona. There just aren't any bad beaches in the sunshine state!

4. azchive4

azchive4 New Member

the first time I visited Clearwater Beach was very impressed! The water is super clear water, the air is fresh and the white sand is soft and bright. there are also plenty of things to do in Clearwater like pier 60, fishing, building sand castles, dining, shelling, etc; ... heard parking restrictions will tighten again in Clearwater , which i'm not too happy about.