Clydesdale tours of Tucson

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by wanderer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

A new tour company has come to Tucson. The Sentinel Carriage Company is now offering horse-drawn carriage ridges of Tucson--horsepower provided by the might clydesdales. Their carriages can hold up to 12 people. The tour begins by the Tucson Museum of Art in the El Presidio Historic District and travels through even more of Tucson. Tours can last 30 minutes or an hour, depending on what you choose.

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That would be really spiffy. One of the coolest things I've ever done on vacation is take a mule-drawn tour. It sounds so silly, but it was so relaxing to travel in this old-fashioned way. Mules are very strong and can pull a bunch of people at one time. This tour was in Columbia, Tennessee, a city that celebrates Mule Day every April.

3. 78ddd

78ddd New Member

I think this company is really going to make good business in Tucson because noone in the downtown area has ever seen anything like it. Also, they're getting a fair amount of media attention the horses are like Tucson's newest local celebrities and they're cute! I can't wait to see the horse-drawn carriages next I am in Tucson;)

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Cute does help! It doesn't surprise me that the tours are making a splash. It's such a memorable way to spend an evening. Very romantic.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

One of my favorite things to see back in the day at Busch Gardens were the magnificent Clydesdales and the babies. So beautiful. Once again, the horses took first place in the voting by America as the best Super Bowl commercial of all time. Just saw this a couple of nights ago. The commercial is from the 2008 Super Bowl. Here's a link to the new Clydesdale commercial for this Sunday's game.

I imagine with their celebrity status, they'll be a popular attraction for folks who've never had the chance to see them up-close. Good for Tucson!

6. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Vicolette, that is one of the cutest commercials ever. Thanks for the link for the new commercial...that one is even cuter, and I think I teared up. Wow, that's adorable. You can still see Clydesdales at some of the Anheuser-Busch plants. I saw some pretty amazing horses at their stables in Fort Collins, Colorado. I think they have some more horses in St. Louis and a few other places, but I don't recall where.

7. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Yep, that one made me tear up, as well. I've enjoyed all of the commercials they've appeared in over the years especially the one with the team during Christmas.

The Clydesdales are still at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg although they aren't the traditional bay color. Here's a picture of one of the Clydesdales in Virginia. I never knew they were any color other than bay. So beautiful!