coach tours in Portugal

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by hehem, Feb 1, 2011.

1. hehem

hehem New Member

what are coach tours like in Portugal? has anyone done one before and are they worth it? by the way..where are good places for sightseeing landmarks?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

Most definitely! A coach tour is an excellent way to get around and see all the attractions in the city so I would suggest booking one, particularly in Oporto. If you book a full day sightseeing tour, you'll obviously get to see a fair more of attractions than on a half day, but that's up to you.

To give you an idea, a typical tour of Oporto includes a visit to the old stock exchange, the Sao Francisco church and the Ribeira Quarter, which borders the Douro River offering a fantastic view. By the way, a couch tour here normally includes a wine taste tour, which is another advantage of booking a couch tour.

3. pontocardeal

pontocardeal New Member

hello,

if you like hiking and you want to know the more rural areal on the interior of Portugal or go to walk in a interior city or knowing MINHO i can help you, i'm portuguese and i have a small business with hiking here in Portugal send me an e-mail to pontcardeal@gmail.com

hope to see you in Portugal is a very good place to visit an eat also :)

4. specialtea

specialtea New Member

Marion Shrines Tour of Europe

I did the Marion Shrines Tour of Europe and would highly recommend it. It's a great way to see Portugal, Spain & France without having to arrange separate trips. Saying this, I should warn you you that this coach tour is quite hectic with a lot of walking. If you prefer a more leisurely style of bus tour, this may not be for you.

5. theexplorateur

theexplorateur New Member

Coach tour is an excellent way to see all the attractions of Portugal, charming holiday location of friendly people and a great climate with a wide choice of coach holiday destinations like Lisbon, Porto and Sintra .