Cocos Island

Discussion in 'Guam' started by mitraveler, Aug 28, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Just a mile off the southern shore of Guam, Cocos Island is a great place to experience a trip away from the ordinary. There are plenty of beach activities, including diving, beach combing, and sun tanning. It's also a good place to go shopping and experiencing the culture. What do you like about Cocos Island?

2. trologger

trologger New Member

day trip to Cocos Island

that's true about Cocos island being small...it's really tiny though it's a joy to explore on foot or car. I rented a car, which is best since the island is easy to navigate by car and you can always stop on the side of the road to take in the view. Saying this, half day is more than enough to explore the island...also, while in Guam be sure you also visit Ritidian Beach and Saipan.

3. asfardudu

asfardudu New Member

staying in Cocos Island

I went to Guam 3 years ago and still have fond memories of it...what a great island! Enjoy your time there because Guam is truly a wonderful island...you'll understand what I mean when you arrive there. By the way, be aware that cocos island hasn't got any accomodation...it is just a day trip destination.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences--and reminding us that it's a daytrip. Did it cost a lot to rent a car? Are the car rentals on the island or the mainland?