Coke Zero 400 - Daytona International Speedway 2015

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Vicolette, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

It's that time of year again when the pedal meets the metal at Daytona International Speedway on July 2. The speedway is famous for its motorcycle races and NASCAR excitement and this coming weekend the fireworks are set to begin. Make it a weekend getaway and if you have time, cruise Daytona Beach . Tickets are still available.

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Any car racing fan should attend the Daytona 500 at least once. I have done it myself 3 times already and a couple of things I will tell first timers is to bring some ear plugs because the noise volume is deafening! Also, if you're a non-smoker this maybe a problem because of fans blowing smoke from every direction. If you do attend a live race, buy seats on the back stretch.

3. RedBullCorp

RedBullCorp New Member

Attending Daytona 500 is a dream of mine....I hear they'll be making the speedway larger so it can accommodate more people (around 100,000 people). I think this will be done by the time the 2016 Daytona 500 gets underway.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I've never made it for the Daytona 500 but it is on my list of things to do. I've been there for the races during Bike Week and all I can say it's an experience you don't ever forget.