confused by the Moulin Rouge

Discussion in 'France' started by SeriusBlaxk, Jan 17, 2011.

1. SeriusBlaxk

SeriusBlaxk New Member

a lot people seem to suggest not to bother with the Moulin Rouge..im wondering what you guys thought, is the Moulin Rouge a must see when vising Paris?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

No way! the Moulin Rouge is by far the most visited attraction in Paris and really worth checking out. I think the main reason reason people may knock off Moulin Rouge is the nudity and admission fee.

It is pricey, yes... but the Moulin Rouge is a one off, the show is fantastic with the different types of performances throughout the show to cater to everyone's taste. ( and yes, the women are topless but it's all class!)

3. julietita

julietita New Member

I think the "Arrondissement" where Pigalle is located is not the best in Paris. It's quite dangerous, at least it seems to be this way...

but actually it's quite crowded, tons of tourist going up and down in there!!

4. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

Given a choice, I would pick Crazy Girls over Moulin Rouge in Paris.

I felt the Crazy Girls caberet more intimate, more unique and one of those events that when it is over you look at your watch and go" Where did 90 minutes go so fast! ".

5. julietita

julietita New Member

If you're planning to go... You should book your tickets now!!! ar just plan it with time. Because I went there on December, expecting to have a great show and an excellent dinner, but it resulted that placer were sold out... At least until frebruary...

Cheers!!!

6. tweetme

tweetme New Member

We took our teenage daughters aged 13 and 15 (knowing there was nudity) who are very into dancing, singing, acting, etc and we loved it!

7. bmd

bmd Guest

At least go to see the outside at night...lots and lots of beautiful lights and plenty of people. I didn't have the time to go inside when I went, especially since they were all booked when I asked about tickets. Apparently, you have to make reservations if you want to be sure about getting in when you arrive. If you have time after seeing everything else, do go inside and check out the show. Just down the street from the Moulin Rouge is a cute little place where you can grab a quick glass of wine, and there's a special sort of museum that goes with the area..wink wink :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2011