Connecticut camping

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by mitraveler, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Since it's the high season for outdoor fun, I thought I would check into camping in Connecticut. There are plenty of state parks that have campgrounds, plus there are lots of great places along the shore to pitch a tent and spend a night under the stars.

What's your favorite choice for Connecticut camping?

2. rajbadak

rajbadak New Member

places to camp in Connecticut

many people camp at Hammonasset Beach State Park but i personally pitch a tent up in the northwest hills section of the state. There are several campgrounds up by Kent and Cornwall and even up around Sharon that are excellent but camping on the farmington river is best because you can go tubing down the river right there.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Lots of really nice campgrounds up that way. For me, Devils Hopyard for the lovely scenery and waterfall. Quiet and relaxing atmosphere for bird watching, taking pics, and just hanging out. For a campground with everything and more, I'd give a thumbs up for the Mystic KOA campground. They've got it all!

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Excellent choices, and thanks for sharing! There are a lot of great choices. I love the idea of staying at a campground where you can go tubing right away. Then again, Mystic is pretty great. Have you had the chance to visit the Mystic Aquarium? It's pretty great.