Connecticut camping

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by Channel4, Jan 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Channel4

Channel4 New Member

hello,

We're planning a family vacation in Connecticut and i wanted to ask about where Connecticut camping grounds are mostly located? Also, can you suggest any Connecticut camping grounds? thanks

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

Many of the best Connecticut camping grounds are within a short drive to a Connecticut state park and some are located next coastal villages.

One popular spot to go camping in Connecticut is at a campground called Strawberry Park located in the southeastern part of the state. The campground is very similar to a resort and you can either tent or bring your own Rv or rent one at the campground

3. Lex87

Lex87 New Member

How's fishing in the area? My BF is eager to take some time off and if we can we do a cheap quick trip to kill some stress we can take a real vacation later. (I'm thinking fantasy fest in Florida) :)

4. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

If you are experienced anglers, one of the most popular places to fish in Connecticut is along the Eastern Long Island Sound.

Otherwise, the Quinebaug River in Eastern Connecticut maybe best for you. The river has a gentle current in most areas and the chances of catching a fish is high.

Be aware that the fishing season starts in April, and if you are guys planning to fish there, first you need to obtain a license.

Also, the government prohibits fishing for Grass Carp, but for more info, it may be a good idea to contact the Inland Fisheries Division in Connecticut to obtain information on what types of fishing should be avoided.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

5. Lex87

Lex87 New Member

April is a bit of a wait as we are looking for a pre-vacation vacation to kill some stress until later in the year when we have time for the real vacation.

Even still, great info and thanks for the reply, I'll go look further. :)