cool places to visit in Ireland

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by haydays, Mar 3, 2014.

1. haydays

haydays New Member

Here I want to start a list of cool places to visit in Ireland for fun aside from the Guinness factory, Cliffs of Moher and Ring of Kerry. Here are some more:

1. King John’s Castle in Limerick...13th-Century fortress turned into a fantastic and interactive place with fun activities for kids.

2. Bunratty Castle and Folk Park...this castle is one of the oldest castles in Ireland. You can tour it and explore the dungeon and secret passageways.

3. Fota Wildlife park. Great place if you've never been to a real African safari before..you can see cheetahs, giraffes, etc

4. Quad Attack Adventure Centre. Great place for a fun day out riding on ATV's on challenging terrains

2. RoyaleCasion

RoyaleCasion New Member

National Museums of Ireland

One place I really recommend visiting are the National Museums of Ireland, which are also free to visit. They're located in Dublin in Kildare Street and in Collins Barracks, and showcase priceless collections on Prehistoric, Celtic, Viking and Medieval History, as well as arts, crafts, numismatics and the military history of Ireland.

3. enemygates

enemygates New Member

You gotta see Ireland's most famous landmark called The Giant's Causeway, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, lying beneath the cliffs of the Antrim Coast. I also recommend visiting the historical site Rock of Cashel limestone towers, which was once the seat of the Kings of Munster (i'm told).

4. roxanascott

roxanascott New Member

I'd like to share my travel experience with the members here. Last spring my friends and I decided to travel to Northern Ireland. Our airport choice was Shannon Airport, a very safe place, with all travel facilities to the average tourist. We landed on Shannon Airport and thus our journey began. Before our flight, we were on the lookout for a top travel service provider in the area, we pretty much wished to visit the Irish Heritage regions with all the castles and historical significance. We found some tours, especially coach tours since we didn't own a car and the costs for rent-a-car were not justified.