cool stuff to do in Vienna

Discussion in 'Austria' started by Dwele, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Dwele

Dwele New Member

Well, I am going on a business meeting in Vienna in a couple of weeks, and I'm trying to find some cool stuff to do. Never been there before, so I'm really excited. Does anybody live there that knows of any cool places to go, good restaurants, etc?

There's got to be some Austrians who like Macs right? Or, has anybody just visited and has a recommendation for me?

Thanks!

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I went to Vienna for a couple of days as part of a tour of Prague, Heidelberg, and Vienna, and I can tell you that Vienna has a lot of museums, so if you're into that your'll love it here.

I would also recommend going to one of the Palaces in the outskirts of Vienna, or villages such as Grinzing which is a touristy historic village full of local taverns that serve food, wine and whatnot. Not sure if it qualifies as 'cool', but it's definitely cute .

And... oh, you could try the revolving restaurant at the top of the Danube Tower (Donauturm). Eat and get a 360 degree view of the city, so that might be worth looking into. It's 900 feet above the ground, btw.

3. JordanS

JordanS New Member

Vienna is a great place for Opera lovers (they have one of the most famous Opera houses in the world) and many beautiful kellers (places to eat underground).

4. Layin-Layout

Layin-Layout New Member

stuff to do in Vienna in summer

Go see the Hundertwasser museum and head down to the Danube Valley for a bit of paddle boating. You can also jump off the bridge in to the Alte Donau...but only in the summer, it's freezing now:). By the way, anyone going to Vienna has to visit during the warm months of the year like august, which is when the Film Festival is hosted.

5. SmokyRocky

SmokyRocky New Member

do for fun in Vienna

One of the best things one can do in Vienna is to drink coffee in an old viennese style coffee house like Café Griensteidl (Sigmund Freud, Arthur Schnitzler etc used to go there back in the days), Café Central or Café Dommayer (which is situated near Schönbrunn).