Coors Brewery tours

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by me2you, May 11, 2010.

1. me2you

me2you New Member

hi all! where exactly is the famous Coors Brewery and has anyone been to it recently? is it open for public tours and how much do they cost?

thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

The Coors Brewery is located in Golden Colorado and the self-guided tours are free lasting around 30 minutes. At the end of the tour, you get to sample some fine brews in a cold room that features ice benches.

If you are less than 18 years old will have to be accompanied by an adult if you want to enjoy Coors Brewery tours, and anyone who wishes to try any samples must be at least 21.

The Coors Brewery also has an excellent gift shop where you can buy a T-shirt, a pint glass and even a neon sign.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

There are some other brewery tours in the state too. In fact, Colorado fancies itself as the Napa Valley of the brewing world. On a big scale, the Anheuser-Busch Brewery is up towards the Wyoming border in Fort Collins. I thought the tour was kind of so-so, but I loved seeing the Clydesdales up close. Man, they're huge! Another Fort Collins brewery, New Belgium Brewing, is wind-powered.

You also can visit the Rockies Brewing Company in Boulder, which is like a grandfather to the craft beer movement. It's been around since the 1970s. Bristol Brewing in Colorado Springs is another longtime favorite.

Denver is the center of the brew universe every September wit the Great American Beer Festival. Guess we'll have to play ahead to next year.

4. nomas4

nomas4 New Member

MillerCoors tours

just to let all ya know...the Coors Brewing Company is now officially MillerCoors, and the brewery tours are now self-guided, audio tours lasting 35 minutes. There is a tasting too of sodas and beers at the end of the tour, which I suggest going for even if you aren't much of a beer drinker. I highly recommend the MillerCoors tours!

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Thanks for bringing that up. I forgot that Coors is now part of Miller. A good guided tour is nice, but I really like exploring on my own. What kind of sodas are there? Is it like Diet Coke or something more exotic?

6. nogalsaloud

nogalsaloud New Member

being free admission the Coors Brewery tour is one of the best things you can do if you're in the area. The tour is self guided and you go at your own pace and is pretty informative. You also get to try several different kinds of Coors beer at the end of the tour and they actually give out quite a bit of beer. You're allowed three 10 oz glasses as well as a small cup earlier in the tour.