cost for a Thai Wedding

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by boisinblue, Apr 4, 2011.

1. boisinblue

boisinblue New Member

hey all ,
    can someone give me a rough total cost for a wedding in thai. My thai wife & i registered our marriage last year, but now she wants the whole party thing with family & friends.

im not at all interested in a big show, so what are the costs for a normal traditional thai wedding. im farang with little money at present.

thanks for any sensible comments

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

The cost for a Thai wedding various greatly depending on location and size of the actual wedding. For instance, if you hold the wedding reception in 5 star hotel reception this means big bucks, but if you hold it in let's say lumpini park or in a village- you won't spend much at all.

I personally if you concerned about money to find a restaurant and hold it there. Also, don't forget photos, invitations, entertainment and all those things.

3. traveltheweb

traveltheweb New Member

Cost will largely depend on how much you are willing to spend. There are options available for people who want to spend nicely on the wedding and also for those who are not too interested in spending a lot.

4. booking

booking New Member

you can pay between 15,000 and 100.000 Thai Bath, so it depends how big of a party she wants in Thailand.

5. Elle

Elle New Member

Not sure about Thai wedding but some clue with western wedding. We had our wedding in beach @ Koh Samui and beach ceremony with 40 guest + all small extras for basic package was 69000THB.