Cost of Living in Saudia Arabia

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by 87juno, Jul 22, 2009.

1. 87juno

87juno New Member

hello,

Has anyone being to Saudi Arabia on holiday? I am looking to relocate but i need an idea of cost of living there?

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

The overall cost of living in Saudi Arabia is similar to that in most European countries but things like cars are not taxed which is a good thing.

On the other hand, accommodation is expensive in Saudi Arabia, as well as imported foods and clothing can also be expensive.

Wines, electronic goods and computer hardware and software are generally less expensive than in Europe.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. feucho

feucho New Member

Saudia Arabia is cheaper than NYC

Believe it or not, Saudia Arabia is cheaper than living in places like Paris and NYC, especially in Jeddah and Riyadh where the cost of living is even more affordable.

To give you an idea, I spent about $80 on a weekly shopping bill, which is for a family of 4 and that includes all the meat, fruit and vegetables.

Gas is of course very cheap, which is a plus, though my company pays for gas and provides me with the accommodation so I can't comment on housing bills.

Eating out is also affordable (around $10 for a proper meal with drinks); while buying used cars is also very good.

4. BruceRussell

BruceRussell New Member

Yes, I agree with feucho.