Cruises from Florida to the Bahamas

Discussion in 'Florida' started by wanderer, Feb 26, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

There are so many options for cruises from Florida to the Bahama...what would you recommend? Is it possible to go and return in the same day?

2. CocoaButter0

CocoaButter0 New Member

1 day cruises to the bahamas from Fort Lauderdale

I only know of one day cruises to the Bahamas from Fort Lauderdale and thats the Discovery Cruise Line. Its more like a big ferry boat/small cruise ship. Its in total a 5 hour ride which includes breakfast/lunch and dinner...btw, you do need a passport.

QUOTE=wanderer;79855]There are so many options for cruises from Florida to the Bahama...what would you recommend? Is it possible to go and return in the same day?[/QUOTE]

3. GeronimoHK

GeronimoHK New Member

better 3 day cruise to the Bahamas

yes it is possible, but I wouldn't suggest it, why? most 1-day cruises leave at 7:45am and get there at around 1pm. That's a long time to spend on the water coming and going...a total of 10 hours, and that's assuming you have smooth seas!

Once there, you will have less than 4 hours to spend on the island, which is pointless...I think a 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral would be better to see the Bahamas.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks for the advice. It sounds like 3 night cruises to the Bahamas from Florida would be smarter than a day trip. That would give us more time to explore and not have such long days.