Cruises to South America

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by babyShamps, Jan 26, 2011.

1. babyShamps

babyShamps New Member

I enjoyed a cruise of the Caribbean a few years back and we'd love to take a cruise of South America this time around. what can we expect to see? Any ideas about cruise lines and typical ports of call in South America cruise?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

South America is a place like no other, and exploring it on a cruise is one of the best ways. To give you an idea, a typical south American cruise will allow you to see natural attractions such as the Chilean fjords and visit remote areas to explore the wildlife, as well as visiting lively cities and bustling resorts like Copacabana in Rio.

Regarding South America cruise lines and ports of call, Princess Cruises offers many cruises to South America, while the Ports of Call normally include Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, the Galapagos Islands, and the Amazon River.

3. JordanS

JordanS New Member

Are there many options to cruise to South America? Where do you start/end from?

4. binaka234

binaka234 New Member

Buenos Aires to Santiago cruise

depends..I did a cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago Chile and it was amazing. The weather was fantastic and the shore excursions were quite varied as as you wanted. In fact, I loved this cruise so much that I spent an extra few days in Buenos Aires and Santiago at the begining and the end.

5. JordanS

JordanS New Member

That sounds pretty amazing. Going around Cape Horn must have been quite the ride! I might have to look into one of those. I've really only heard about cruising to Alaska and the Caribbean so this is a nice change of destinations.