Cruising from Athens to Istanbul

Discussion in 'Greece' started by Vicolette, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The Holland America line has a great deal going on for their 11-Day Ancient Mysteries cruise on May 6 or August 15. Leaving from Athens the route takes passengers to Crete, Port Said, Cairo, Rhodes, Ephesus, Mykonos, and The Dardanelles with the last stop being Istanbul. Opt for interior accommodations or ocean view, verandah, or superior verandah suite. Prices range from $999 to $3299 per person.

2. Olamycat

Olamycat New Member

Azmara, Celebrity, Seabourne, and Oceania do similar deals too, especially Azmara, which is usually best value if you're a budget conscious traveler.The good thing about Holland America is that they allow you to bring as much wine as you wish on board.

3. Liteon

Liteon New Member

i did this cruise with the wide last year and it was fab! We got to shop at the Grand Bazaar, visit the site of the Hippodrome, see the Egyptian Obelisk, stand at Point Zero, as well as taking a relaxing Turkish bath massage.

4. LordoftheMings

LordoftheMings New Member

the med is so beautiful..i did the cruise on the Windstar and loved it. My tip...I wouldn't suggest book ship excursions is the port is just half-hour from the major tourist sites. For instance, the Ephesus site is just 20 minutes so it's not worth going with the ship's organized excursion.