Cuba relaxes travel restrictions for citizens

Discussion in 'Cuba' started by goliathII, Feb 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. goliathII

goliathII New Member

I read on the news that Cubans no longer need to obtain an exit visa to leave the island. All they need is a valid Cuban passport and an ID. I'm thinking, if Cubans are allowed to leave in droves, many will find their way in the US. Do you think this move by Cuba will force a change in U.S.-Cuban relations and abolish the embargo? what are your thoughts?

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

The Obama administration already has been working to ease restrictions, and I bet they're make it easier for Americans to travel to Cuba, especially if it's easier for Cubans to get to America. It must be hard to be stuck on the island, so it's good that Cubans have some more freedom. I suspect we'll see the embargo gone in the next decade or so. Of course, someone with the last name of Castro probably has to leave power before that happens.

3. ContactHuio

ContactHuio New Member

it's good to hear that Cubans will no longer need an "exit permit" to travel, which cost something like $200, which is a lot of money for the average Cuban when the average salary is less than $19 a month.