Daintree Rainforest tours from Cairns

Discussion in 'Australia' started by mitraveler, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

While we're talking about Daintree Rainforest, which tours would your recommend? I'm betting that travel companies based in Cairns give tours. What's available? Which do you like?

2. hehem

hehem New Member

You bet that! Billy Tea Safaris Cape Tribulation in Cairns offer Daintree day tours which include a jungle safari and boat ride down the mighty Daintree River to allow you to see the salt water crocks lurking in the waters. On the jungle safari you will walk into the rainforest along elevated boardwalks to learn about this ancient rainforest.

3. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That sounds like so much fun! It would be fun to see the crocs (at a safe distance) and then see the rainforest from a bird's-eye view.

4. pund4pund

pund4pund New Member

worth touring Daintree Rainforest?

Definitely worth touring Daintree forest if you are staying near Port Douglas on vacation. Believe me, you will be glad you did it. As far as tours, there are multiple companies that offer tours of the Daintree, but after doing research me and some friends decided to explore it on our own. The drive was surprisingly easy and having our own car gave us more flexibility so, I would tell anyone to go and explore it by yourself.

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That's good to know, Pund! Sometimes it's fun to just explore on your own. Knowing that the drive is easier, really helps!