Day of the Dead

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by wanderer, Nov 1, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The annual celebration of the Day of the Dead, Dia de Los Muertos, has become a Mexican tradition. The traditional dates are November 1 and 2, so now is a good time to bring up the holiday.

Check out more about the the Day of the Dead history here.

2. matadorez

matadorez New Member

Mexican Day of the Dead

The Day of the Dead bonds families, reinforces traditions, and honor those who have passed before us. I'm working towards my art career and hadn't been sure of what I wanted to do until I learned about this fantastic Mexican tradition, and read the article...thanks for posting:)

3. caliingall

caliingall New Member

Mexico City Day of the Dead

I spent the Day of the Dead in the capital city and I got to see hundreds of fantastic paper mache creations called “alebrijes†which filled the central plaza in mexico city. As a local told me.. the paper-mache sculptures are created for a parade hosted by the museum of popular art in mexico city, which displays the magical beasts called “alebrijes†on the Paseo de Reforma, the city’s grandest boulevard.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Thanks for sharing your experience, Caliingall. That sounds like a very good way to spend the Day of the Dead.