day trip to Brussels from Paris

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Cassius, May 22, 2013.

1. Cassius

Cassius New Member

I have recently came back from a superb trip to Paris, though the highlight of the trip was funny enough my day trip to Brussels. You simply have to visit this city on vacation or day trip. You can easily visit Brussels on a day trip from Paris.

Here it's what not to miss in Brussels: the Grand Palace , St. Michael & St. Gudula, Mannekin Pis, Royal Palace, Museum of Cocoa & Chocolate and Royal Museum of Army & Military History.

2. hDready

hDready New Member

while the day trip from paris to brussels is doable, I personally would not recommend doing becuase you will be pushed for time. there's tons to see in paris and brussels...honestly, best you stick to paris and visit brussels on another trip altogether.

3. PacificNorth

PacificNorth New Member

Not necessarily...If you hop on the Thalys at Paris Gare du Nord, you can be at Brussels Midi station in less than 90 mins. it cost my wife and myself $144 for a same day round trip.

4. DelBoy!

DelBoy! New Member

yep, the Thalys train is the only operating high speed train from Paris to Brussels. You could also get on a French TGV fast train but they require a booking fee of around €3 and they take much longer. I suggest you buy the Eurail supplement for the Thalys train as a 1st class ticket will only cost you €42 (or €30 2nd class).