DC's International Spy Museum

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by Enyoying, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Enyoying

Enyoying New Member

we'll be going to West Virginia and DC this 4th of july and I have pretty much a good idea for our itinerary of things to visit, though not sure about the International Spy Museum? is this attraction a miss or a hit?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

The International Spy Museum has lots of great information regarding history of spies and lots of cool cold war items on display, so if you are a lover of all things James Bond you will absolutely love this place.

I have been to DC Spy Museum twice now, and the only draw back is that you have to pay to get in. I mean DC has so many free museums so I was at first resistant to pay the admission fee, though after been there I can tell you it is worth the price and it's more fun than you may anticipate.

3. The Travel Slut

The Travel Slut 6 continents, 87 countries & 64 cruises so far

I just did the spy museum in November and was a little disappointed after having visited the Smithsonians and the Newseum (loved that).

I think you really have to love the details of the spy game to appreciate it.

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I adored the Newseum too. But I have a hard time telling people to go there since it's not free...and it's pretty darn expensive. I would say about the Spy Museum that it's worth taking one of the walking tours the Spy Museum offers. They really enhance a visit and introduce you to a side of Washington, D.C. you may not know about.

5. felipeL

felipeL New Member

International Spy Museum in DC Washington

the International Spy Museum is fun place to go with the family and worth paying the $20 admission fee. It's true that DC has many free museums but none are as much fun as the Spy museum. I suggest doing the one-hour version but it's a fair amount of walking - it really did take us about an hour or a little more - but it's a fun way to walk around the area immediately surrounding the museum.