Desert safaris

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by Vicolette, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Whenever I envision large expanses of desert sand, I think of the movie "Dune" and how awesome it would be to travel across the sands of time. In Dubai you can do just that either on a camel or off road vehicle. Packages include morning safaris, evening safaris, and overnight camping under the stars. How cool would that be? If anyone has experienced this type pf adventure or thinking about it, please share your thoughts.

2. gemmaGH

gemmaGH New Member

off roading in Dubai

The camel back ride is okay but off roading in Dubai is probably the coolest thing you can do there.Do shop around, though, because there are many tour operators to choose from and some charge quite literary an arm and a leg. Saying this, make sure you check out carefully the insurance policies of the cheaper tour operators. You shouldn't pay more than $55 for a good time on the dunes;)

3. Zazaq

Zazaq New Member

Desert safari experience

the dune ride in a Land Cruiser is superbly fun like a roller coaster ride... definitely eat light before you do it because otherwise you will find yourself puking all over the cruiser. Arabian Adventures and Hormuz Tourism are two operators you can book, but as the last poster said be mindful of looking around because some charge twice as much.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Thanks to both of you for the information. Appreciate the heads up about checking the cost and insurance. I can only imagine what it must feel like zipping across the dunes!

5. dubaidhow

dubaidhow New Member

No doubt that Desert Safari is full of fun and give you a nice blessing to get rid of your hectic work routine and any worries.