diamond mines in Arkansas

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by NapoleonBona, Dec 1, 2009.

1. NapoleonBona

NapoleonBona New Member

hi guys,

We'll be traveling to the states for the first time and we're visiting the state of Arkansas first as we heard there is diamond mines where the public can go. Is this true, if so where? and how does it work?

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

This is true! Crater of Diamonds State Park is where you need to go but don't expect to find big diamonds but rather small ones which won't make you rich.

At the Crater of Diamonds state park all you pay is a small daily fee the Arkansas diamond mines staff will provide free identification and certification of stones. Historical structures, old mining equipment, washing pavilions, and sun shelters are located on the field.

You can also rent diamond mining tools although most people use garden tools or their bare hands.

3. Tswin

Tswin New Member

The Crater is basically a large open area that you are free to sift through. Most people do not find diamonds. If this is your first time to the States, this destination will NOT be the best choice.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The chances aren't really great to find diamonds here, but this is a fun destination. If you really want to be sure you'll find diamonds, there are plenty of jewelry stores in the mall. But Crater of Diamonds State Park is a neat place to visit in Arkansas.

5. bonitaFlorida2

bonitaFlorida2 New Member

Crater of Diamonds park

I would say that the chances for anyone to find diamonds is practically zero, especially in the Crater of Diamonds. If you could find diamonds, there wouldn't be a Crater of Diamonds park at all...saying this, don't let what I said stop you from trying your luck at diamond digging. My advise is, go when it is the weather is cool, take plenty of water and gloves so you don't get blisters. Happy digging:)

6. windzdb

windzdb New Member

Yes you do! This is the only diamond producing State Park (Crater of Diamonds State Park) that is not only open to the public, but it's finders keepers for anything you find!

Windz

7. ifeellike4

ifeellike4 New Member

no diamonds in Arkansas

the park says that you can keep any diamonds you find but honestly I'v never found anything but rocks! If you go there I suggest to come prepared with drinks, shovels, and diamond testers. You will need shade in the summer, lots of energy and patience (plenty of it). The chances of finding any diamonds are as high as looking for a needle in a hay stack.....still, it's great fun:)

8. incatrail49

incatrail49 New Member

Re: My advise is

wherever has been said shouldn't stop you from trying your luck at diamond digging. My advise is, go when it is the weather is cool, take plenty of water and gloves so you don't get blisters. Happy digging:)

9. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

The park has some other cool features to it--well is anything as cool as finding a diamond? A bunch of trails wind through the park, and a wildlife observation blind is available. Anglers visit the park to fish the Little Missouri River.