Did you know?

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by KalistoFlockhart, Aug 30, 2013.

1. KalistoFlockhart

KalistoFlockhart New Member

Did you know Australia has over 9,000 beaches? I knew Australia was huge but never really thought there were that many beaches. Apparently, if you wanted to visit all the beaches (one per day), it would take you more than 27 years to visit them all!

What's your favorite beach? I hear Whitehaven beach in Queensland is stunning!

2. Em-Em

Em-Em New Member

Australia's amazing coastline

anyone who thought Australia's coastline was one massive beach was playing "silly". Australia's coast line is huge...Im surprised if it's not close to 20,000 beaches the country has. Either way, one thing is for sure and that is the beauty of the beaches in Australia....I wouldn't know which one to choose from.

3. walworldII

walworldII New Member

Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast

Basically, any stretch of sand along the coast thats longer than than 20 metres is consider a beach. This is why Australia is said to have something like 10k beaches. As far as best beaches in Australia, Queensland Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast would have to be home to the nicest beaches in the country...anyways, that's my opinion;)

4. Lazarus1

Lazarus1 New Member

Western Australian beaches

So many to choose from but I think Cape Le Grande near Esperance gets my vote! Cape Le Grande has gorgeous bays with white sand beaches and clear turquoise water. The other Western Australian beach I love to bits is Wharton Beach, which is also near Cape Le Grand.