Dining under the sea

Discussion in 'Maldives' started by Vicolette, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Ok, this has got to be one of the most unique dining experiences ever! Imagine sitting 16-feet below the sea in an all-glass restaurant where you can dine on European cuisine while watching the panorama of marine activity just inches away. Experience this unique experience at the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant in Rangali Island, Maldives. Book at least 2 weeks in advance for lunch or dinner.

2. OportoKL

OportoKL New Member

I've heard of these place and people seem to highly rate this place but after checking the prices, I think not! what do they serve Michelin Class dining? I thin for that huge price tag you can book several glass-bottomed boat tours and scuba diving trips if you i wanted to see the marine life. I dont think I'd pay to eat at the restaurant, though i like the idea of dining underwater. Why do they make things like this so expensive? it's the same thing with the ice hotel and that underwater lodge in key largo....

3. 2010Microfoft

2010Microfoft New Member

flying to the Maldives

Actually, they have a few Michelin stars I believe, but yeah, $350 pp seems steep. I guess the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant isn't for budget conscious travelers. Mind you, though, traveling to the Maldives isn't cheap in the first place. Around $1500 RT seems to be the average for a flight there.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The prices are high but for a non-diver/snorkler, I'd pay just for the experience. The underwater views while dining can't help but be spectacular. It's one of those "once in a lifetime" experiences I can't get at home.