direct buses from Delhi To Kathmandu

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by juriPO, May 18, 2011.

1. juriPO

juriPO New Member

Hey Guys, is it safe to go Kathmandu...my aunt was saying there's problem going on there at the mo...If so, does it affect tourists? Also, is there any direct buses from Delhi To Kathmandu ?
    thnx alot....

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Haven't heard any unrests going on in Kathmandu. Having said this, the best way to know if it's safe to travel there is to check out government advice from your embassy to find out the general situation there.

From experience, even if there is unrest in Kathmandu, this will unlikely affecter the tourist areas and sights.

To your other question...Yes, there are direct buses from Delhi to Kathmandu, which eave from Manju Ka Tilla in the early afternoons.

The other transportation option would be the train which will be much more comfortable. You can get a train from Delhi to Gorakhpur, then a bus or taxi from there to the border at Sunauli, and a bus from there to Kathmandu (or Pokhara).

3. aizathapa

aizathapa New Member

Now..tourist are safe to travel In Nepal... there is direct buses are also available from India to Nepal...

4. isitfor56

isitfor56 New Member

best to fly to Kathmandu

the bus is cheap but for convenience I suggest catching a flight from Delhi to Kathmandu. Flying is the quickest and easiest way to get there and since many different airlines (i.e. Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, Jet Lite, Spice Jet, etc) service this route you will find low cost flights. You can expect to pay around 4,100 rupees (~$90).

5. illusinosyr

illusinosyr New Member

I also second flying...anybody planning to use the bus needs to know that the trip will take no less than 2 days and in the process you will waste a lot of time. Also, buses are very uncomfortable and bathroom/food stops will be in unlikable places.