Disney Jamaica Cruises

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by wanderer, Mar 28, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Disney is joining the list of cruise companies who cruise to Jamaica. They've announced that the sailings will begin in October, sailing from Galveston, Texas, to Falmouth, Jamaica. With the newly upgraded Falmouth cruise port it was just a matter of time before Disney brought its big ships to the island.

Does anyone have more details about these excursions? I wanted to share what I knew.

2. JereyParkson

JereyParkson New Member

Jamaica is a no brainer..I don't know what took so long for the folks at Disney Cruise Line to add Jamaican in their itinerary. By what I read, Disney says they will operate a total of 5 sailings to Jamaica, as well as a series of 7 voyages from Galveston to the Bahamas.

3. juliaRoberts

juliaRoberts New Member

Being to Jam a few times on cruise. I would definitly recommend either booking a cruise ship excursion or online company before you cruise to Jamaica because tour operators right at the Pier can be really pushy (trust me, you won't like it)

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It's possible that Disney had to wait for a new cruise port big enough for its ships. I don't know for sure, but I do know that Falmouth can handle those ginormous cruise ships.