Disneyland tips

Discussion in 'California' started by mitraveler, Feb 8, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

What tips would you have to share about Disneyland? I'm a total newbie...and would love to know what to expect. I know that it's cool and in Anaheim, but there has to be more to Disneyland.

2. Nofear333

Nofear333 New Member

get to the park early

this tip applies to most attractions but basically the best thing you can do when planning a trip to Disney is to get to the park early. The ticket booths open about half hour before the gates open so, if you're in line with your tickets already in hand when the gates open you'll be able to ride some of the non-fastpass rides like Dumbo the Flying Elephant and the Matterhorn Bobsleds before the lines get long.

3. absolutebuff

absolutebuff New Member

save money money

to save money money it's best you stay at a hotel close to the Disney Resort, though make sure they offer free parking and breakfast...otherwise it won't work out cheaper than parking and breakfast at Disneyland if you drive in for the day.

4. historyY

historyY New Member

shuttle to Disneyland

also, if you're checking in the same day, most hotels will let you park at the hotel in the morning, which means you can take the shuttle to Disneyland, come back for a rest, then shuttle back to the park. Also, if you time it right, you might be able to have breakfast when you drop off your car.

5. Klairport

Klairport New Member

avoid school breaks

I'd definitely suggest not going to DIS during school holidays...also, avoid school breaks and half terms, you'll most certainly get a cheaper package price that way and you won't have to spend a lifetime lining up;)

6. EtroAnime

EtroAnime New Member

don't buy anything in disney

my best tip would be not to buy anything in disney to avoid being ripped off. Take a few snacks with you
    and don't listen to people who say Disney will the food off you at the entrance gates because it isn't true. Also, do this with drinks and water, don;t buy it there and you'll save a small fortune.

7. gerryw80

gerryw80 New Member

Arrive just before the park opens in the morning though even then you will find a a waiting line of visitors but thats the best to do with as you will get a chance to take the best rides early morning before the crowd starts to saturate:)

8. travellerGo

travellerGo New Member

You must allot your whole day in visiting Disneyland. Depends on the season, but normally it will take time in queuing in just one ride.

9. janeaddy

janeaddy New Member

Disney land may look like a straightforward theme park. But there’s a secret world hidden behind the balloons, castles and cotton candy – a place where wild cats roam the park at midnight, Mickey Mouse hides in the wallpaper, and movie stars sip martinis behind closed doors.