Do you wear money belts?

Discussion in 'Vacations' started by JohanDirrell, Dec 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JohanDirrell

JohanDirrell New Member

I personally use money belts on my travels. I hear some people don't like to wear money belts all day long but it really is the best way to keep money close to you away from pickpocketers. I do also like carrying my passport but only a copy of it as passports are too big and stiff for most money belts. Do you wear money belts? How do you keep valuables safe?

2. De34ht7

De34ht7 New Member

I don't use money belts for getting around. Once I arrive to my hotel I use the room safe for my valuables & passport. I carry small amounts of cash and one credit card in a small cross body bag when I am out and about.

3. Danny

Danny Moderator

I don't feel hotel safes are all that safe. I always carry credit cards and passport with me in a money pouch designed to be worn around the neck but I wear it cross-body hidden beneath my t-shirt. I just don't like the thought of leaving anything in my hotel room, whether or not there is a safe available.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I prefer keeping my valuables close at hand. First, I don't bring along expensive jewelry on vacation so I don't need to worry about it. I keep a small amount of cash, credit card, and any other pertinent items in a pouch or a small purse with zipper - no open pockets - with a shoulder strap so I can cross it over my chest vs over my shoulder. No dangling by my side. I've never worn a money belt but can see how that would add another layer of security when traveling.