Dolphin encounters

Discussion in 'Bahamas' started by mitraveler, Jan 19, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

We all know dolphins are awesome creatures. They're cute, friendly, and smarter than whips. But it's hard to hang out with them because they're marine mammals and we're land mammals. Of course in the Bahamas, there are ample opportunities for dolphin encounters .

2. AliCat

AliCat New Member

Is this something you'd recommend if we're looking for cool things to do in the Bahamas? I'm planning a trip and trying to keep it easy on the budget, but I figured I'd set aside money for one really cool activity, and I've been thinking this might be it. Any suggestions from travelers who've done this before?

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It always helps to book these encounters in advance. You will know what it costs and there's often a discount for paying ahead of time. I'd make sure that you actually get to swim with dolphins...some people have been handed binoculars and told to swim out to where the dolphins are. You're more likely to get quality time when you swim with them at an aquarium or at Atlantis. Enjoy! :)

4. balopety

balopety New Member

are dolphin encounters worth it?

when I stayed in Cable Beach I did one of the Dolphin Encounter on Blue Lagoon Island and payed about $160 bucks to swim with a dolphin..not sure that was worth it though. I reckon I should've tried my luck elsewhere..anybody else thinks dolphin encounters like this are a total waste of money in the Caribbean?