don'ts of staying in a dorm room

Discussion in 'Travel Industry News' started by eventhorizon, Nov 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. eventhorizon

eventhorizon New Member

Does anyone find it weird staying in a dorm room with strangers? I don't! I think it's a whole lot of fun but you do have to compromise a bit if you want to get along with people in hostels. A bit like you would in a rental accommodation or hotel stay not making too much noise at night. ah, of course...stay away from beans. I think any camper will tell you why.

2. even40's

even40's New Member

Actually I do find it weird to be honest....hostels are cheap but it's not for everyone. You have to be the overt type that has no problem sharing their privacy with complete strangers. I like meeting new people but my privacy is very important.

3. patronZ7

patronZ7 New Member

I've stayed in many hostels before and I'd say smaller hostels are better. They do cost more than than the larger dorms, but in a smaller dorm it's easier to get to know your roommates.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

When I was younger, this wasn't a problem for me. But the older I get the more set in my ways I seem to be! This doesn't sound as appealing to me. It seems like an adventure, though. It can be fun to meet new people and make new friends. I don't always have the energy for that these days.