Downtown area in Seattle

Discussion in 'Washington State' started by Jamore, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Jamore

Jamore New Member

We're planning a trip to Washington and its going be our first time. what want to start in Downtown Seattle? Can we get some input please? thanks

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

Hi there,

To start off your Seattle day trip of the downtown area you could begin at Pike Place Market, which is one of the most famous landmark in Seattle.

At the Pike Place Market, you can find carefully prepared foods from all around the world, handcrafted art and jewellery, etc.

From the market, you can head to the nearby waterfront via one of the free buses and visit an IMAX theatre. From the waterfront, you can catch a bus north to see the Space Needle and the Experience Music Project Museum.

However, if you want to take a Seattle tour then you would want to start at Westlake Center at 5th and Pine where one can buy tickets for the Ducks Tour and take a land and water tour of Seattle.

Hope this helps
    VacationBuddy

3. Corri

Corri New Member

I just went in March to Seattle.

My recommendations are to go to the Space Needle and if you are a music lover, the Experience Music Project which features Jimmy Hendrix, Heart, Nirvana, and all sorts of interactive things to do which is by the Space Needle. I believe on Thursday nights you can get into the EMP for free. There is a good pub right by there called Buckley's if you want a bite to eat.

For the best tour, I highly recommend doing the "Seattle Bites" tour. Our tour operator was awesome and showed us all sorts of things and food to try (even some drinks are included). Jan takes you all around the Pike Place Market Area and knows most of the vendors.

My favorite place to eat was Salty's on Alki Beach. You can have your hotel concierege or front desk person get you a reservation and they have a free limo service to and from the restaurant. I had the best crab legs ever there and the view of Seattle from across the beach is incredible especially at night!

Also, if you have time do the Argosy boat tour which is a really nice way to view Seattle in all its glory.

4. sandas3211

sandas3211 New Member

My favorite place to eat was Salty's on Alki Beach. You can have your hotel concierege or front desk person get you a reservation and they have a free limo service to and from the restaurant.