Dr. Beach 2014 top beach list

Discussion in 'Beaches' started by Vicolette, May 30, 2014.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

The list is in for the top beaches of 2014. Once again, Hawaii and Florida held the majority of the top 10 slots. Take a look and share whether or not you agree with the choices of Dr. Beach and which one you'd add, if you had a vote.

2. ElCamono

ElCamono New Member

I checked Dr Beach's list...I'm shocked not to see any California beaches on his list. To be honest, I think this guy just makes up his lists. I mean, what criteria does he go by? maybe he gets paid for mentioning certain beaches...? who knows

3. Photofun

Photofun New Member

The reason why there are no California beaches on the list is because past No. 1 winners are excluded from further consideration on Dr. Bach's list to give other great American beaches an opportunity to enjoy the spotlight.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I checked his bio...and it does seem like the dude really knows beaches.

"Stephen P. Leatherman is Professor and Director of the Laboratory for Coastal Research at Florida International University. He received his Ph.D. in Environmental (Coastal) Sciences from the University of Virginia, and completed his undergraduate degree in Geosciences at North Carolina State University."

But that said a scientist will look at beaches differently than the average beachcomber.