drinking water in Cuba

Discussion in 'Cuba' started by venuspol, Mar 8, 2013.

1. venuspol

venuspol New Member

I read somewhere on the forum people saying that water ins't safe in Cuba, which isn't accurate. I drank the water from the taps during my vacation at Marina Hemingway and had no problem with it. In fact, I was told by local expats that the water in Cuba at tourist places is safe.

Also, be generous with your tipping with the servers, beach guys, etc and don't feel harassed by them because they really don't earn much.

2. DelBoy!

DelBoy! New Member

they all say the same thing about not drinking water anywhere else...what it is that your body needs to adjust to it because locals develop a resistance to the bacteria in the water. All you need is a couple of weeks and you're set to go. don't buy into all this water scare in Cuba or similar...our water in the US with the clorine and fluoride is way more harmful to us.

3. BeltionEnzo

BeltionEnzo New Member

if you're staying at a resort, you shouldn't have to worry about the safety of water. Most resorts provide free bottled water to their guests and you can fill up your own bottles for free when going out for excursions or stroll around the beach. You can also buy bottled water as is not that expensive (but usually costs more in the resort store than in town).