driving from milan to switzerland?

Discussion in 'Switzerland' started by retroutbambow, Jul 30, 2015.

1. retroutbambow

retroutbambow New Member

If you're not familiar with driving in europe, I don't suggest driving from milan to switzerland, but if you must drive , I would do it from the bellagio or tremezzo area and drive into lugano (switzerland). Tremezzo is just across the lake from bellagio. There are regular ferry and hydrofoil crossings. By the way, if you drive, you would need to let your car rental company know you are taking the car into switzerland.

2. HikersBootz

HikersBootz New Member

If you're driving to Switzerland, be sure to buy a Swiss Saver Pass and visit Interlaken, Lucerne, Montreux, Jungfraujoch and Zermatt. Also, Switzerland is better enjoyed on the train, so I would advise not to use the car as much but take the train. The train is a wonderful and relaxed way of traveling!

3. hackerd

hackerd New Member

Driving in the Alps is quite challenging as you will pretty much be going up and down and around corners all the time. Stretches of roads can be one way and not all roads are paved in an alpine setting. You might want to think twice before driving in Switzerland. By the way, you do need an international driver's licence if your driver's licence is not in one of the official languages - French, German, Italian - or English.