Driving in Panama?

Discussion in 'Panama' started by haydays, Mar 30, 2011.

1. haydays

haydays New Member

we are thinking to drive to our Hotel in Panama City from the airport and then drive to the Coronado area, then to Las Tablas and Pedasi. Also is it hard to drive to David or Boquete from there? Thank you for any info.

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Panama is easy to get around and driving is simple if you are an experienced driver, but if you are not a confident driver, it will not be fun driving in Panama.

Having said this, once you get out of the city driving is even better, though remember that driving in the country side is like being on a gocart track, nobody signals , everyone speeds and they change lanes for no apparent reason.

3. Sanblasman

Sanblasman New Member

Roads are improving in Panama but driving is not! Panama also has a safe and reliable long distance bus service. The city is a nightmare to drive in but for me most cities are...As soon as you get out of the city limits the roads are generally free of traffic and relatively easy to navigate but beware...sign posts are almost non existent in most parts so getting lost is easy...

4. mariajames

mariajames New Member

Panama aswell has a safe and reliable continued ambit bus service. The city-limits is a daydream to drive in but for me a lot of cities are.

5. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Do you know what side of the road they drive on? I am not sure I could handle driving on the other side!

6. gates8888

gates8888 New Member

Mostly there are left-hand vehicles that drive on the right-hand side of the road:)