Dubai Rules for foreginers

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by ezzexgal, Dec 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ezzexgal

ezzexgal New Member

If you plan to travel to Dubai or just visit on a stopover, be aware that the UAE has a strict indecency code:

- The drinking age is 21, but being drunk in public is a big no no.

- Foul language and smoking outside designated areas is not allowed

- Don't hold hold hands or kiss in public

- People shake hands however Emirati women tend not to offer their hands to men.

- Men should avoid staring at local women or attempting to make eye contact.

- During Ramadan, non-Muslims can only eat and drink in hotels and restaurants.

- Don't wear swimwear, low-cut dresses or tops, short skirts and short dresses in public.

2. Saltare

Saltare New Member

I just read these rules and some of these sound pretty scary to me. I was totally unaware that Dubai was this restrict. Makes you think about visiting Dubai especially as a couple or honeymooners. Imagine not being able to hold hands or kiss...

3. juanm

juanm New Member

To be honest, I don't see what the fuss is about. Each country has "scary" rules if you ask me. I think the banning of alcohol isn't that bad since excessive drinking causes many issues like disorderly conduct. I haven't been to Dubai though so I'm only going for what little information I get but if it was that bad no tourists would be going there, right?