Duncan Hines Festival

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by Vicolette, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Ok all you folks with a sweet tooth. The 16th annual Duncan Hines Festival is scheduled for August 10 and August 11. There will be arts and crafts exhibits, concert in the park, food, childrens activities, annual duck derby, and oh yes, sweet goodies. So, here's plenty of notice so you can plan a weekend getaway to Bowling Green .

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Bowling Green is a cute little city. It's rather east to find, just off Interstate between Louisville and Nashville. I saw the Duncan Hines exhibit at Western Kentucky University. He was a real guy and a real American success story. He started out giving tips on where to eat on the road and became renowned for his culinary knowledge before the cake mixes came along. Of course we went to Bowling Green to see the Corvettes, but it was cool to see Duncan Hines, too.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Bowling Green is one of the cities in Kentucky that I've not had a chance to visit but it looks like there are plenty of attractions and things to do. I'd definitely like to visit the Mammoth Cave for a look-see. Now if they could just schedule a southern BBQ festival around the same time as the sweet Duncan Hines festival, I could satisfy two of my favorite palate pleasers!

4. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

We wanted BBQ really badly when we were there and found a bunch of restaurants that would work. We did settle on one place that was a lot of fun had really fantastic fried dill pickles. It would have been fun to go to a BBQ festival while there! Mammoth Cave was flooded last summer, so we didn't get to try it. It would be worth a visit, for sure.