Duty free allowances

Discussion in 'Bulgaria' started by lowtide, May 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. lowtide

lowtide New Member

If you're wondering what you are allowed to bring back from Bulgaria, here it's a list of the maximum allowance you are allowed to bring back:

I've had a look at the HRMC website and the limit is unlimited as per the rest of the EU although you may be asked to prove that it's for your use.

Cigarettes:- 3200

Cigars:- 200

Cigarillos:- 400

Tobacco:- 3 kilograms

Beer:- 110 Litres

Wine:- 90 Litres

Spirits:- 10 Litres

Fortified Wine:- 20 litres

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

That list seems pretty generous to me (in quantity). Do you know how this compares to the other countries in the region?

3. lowtide

lowtide New Member

It's the same in the region. You do not have to pay any tax or duty on goods in any European country as long as tax was included in the price when you purchased the item. The item must be for your own personal use, and not for re-sale.

4. niceboyfloyd

niceboyfloyd New Member

Yes, Bulgaria is in the EU but there's still restrictions for cigarettes, alcohol, etcc. Like the last poster, it's 3200 for cigarettes, which I suggest buying from Mercury Supermarket on Artist Street.

5. Ecotripsos

Ecotripsos New Member

There's also another point to consider, if you try to "enter" Bulgaria, you can't have more than 2 boxes (40 cigarettes) with you. And they search the cars really good sometimes. Several times I saw the border police dismounting parts to see what's underneath.